In coordination with several UN partners, the United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme is getting ready to mobilize UN Volunteers to Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea in the framework of the international response to the Ebola crisis.
Candidates with a professional background in the health sector who are interested in such assignments are invited to apply now. Details of the assignments will be made available in specific descriptions of assignments shortly. Immediate needs are as follows:
Prerequisites: candidates should have at least two years of work experience and be at least 25 years old.
- Medical Doctors with experience in Epidemiology and Infectious Diseases, particularly with experience in haemorrhagic fevers;
- Nurses with experience in infectious diseases;
- Midwives with clinical experience, training and/or community outreach experience;
- Medical Logisticians;
- Laboratory Technicians;
- Public Health Specialists, in particular with experience in Behaviour Change Communication;
- Nutritionists with experience in community outreach.
Duration of assignments: short-term (3-6 months) and long-term (average one year).
Starting date: in the next few weeks.
Required languages: English. French highly desirable.
Conditions of service: monthly living allowance to cover housing, basic needs and utilities; settling-in-grant; life, health and permanent disability insurance; return airfares. More details will be included in specific descriptions of assignments.