|Summary: The Personal Advocate works with African American pregnant woman to provide case management support to ensure health pregnancy and healthy birth outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a caseload of 15 pregnant African American women, with a goal of 30 total women enrolled, annually.
- Review client needs and strengths to create a plan of care for each client.
- Contact each client on caseload at least once a week to check on the client; provide education, support, referrals, and case management services; and follow up on the assessment to help ensure unmet needs are met.
- Facilitate referrals to prenatal care and help the pregnant mothers find resources to overcome barriers to keep appointments.
- Helps coordinate and process all Black Mothers United outreach registrations for health fairs and other events.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.
- Ability to get along and work effectively with others.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
- Develop and maintain partner contact information and directories.
- Maintain data collection related to program activities as required by grant contracts and complete reports timely.
- Acquire and enhance knowledge of promising practices related to ensuring healthy pregnancy and birth outcomes.
- Perform typing, filing, copying, computer data input/output, desktop publishing and other office tasks as assigned.
- Attend and participate in on-site and off-site meetings and committees as necessary.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
CLICK FOR MORE INFORMATION