The annual observance of National Minority Health Month 2017 kicked off April 1st. The theme this year, Bridging Health Equity Across Communities, emphasizes the collaborative, community-level work being done across the nation to help achieve health equity. During National Minority Health Month 2017, the HHS OMH will highlight partner initiatives in communities that address the indirect conditions that affect health, also known as social determinants of health. The conditions in the places where people are born, grow, live, work, play, learn, and age have significant impact on the health outcomes of individuals, families, and their communities. Get involved in our events, share tweets and Facebook posts and information cards. These items and more are available in our National Minority Health 2017 website.
· Get social and share our #NMHM tweets or Facebook posts https://go.usa.gov/xX568
· Participate in our events https://go.usa.gov/xX56k
· View our website and learn more https://go.usa.gov/xX565
· Learn how to take action in your community https://go.usa.gov/xX56Q
· Download NMHM17 materials https://go.usa.gov/xX56X