Facebook: National Black Midwives Alliance
The National Black Midwives Alliance (NBMA) agenda will clearly outline and support the needs and interests of Black midwives in the United States.
The NBMA objectives include:
1. To increase the number of Black midwives and access to Black midwives in order to have more providers who can impact perinatal health disparities.
2. To raise public awareness that Black midwives exist and provide services in their respective communities.
3. To support legislative efforts led by Black midwives and supporters in various states. 4. To advocate for and support the development of educational pathways for Black student midwives.
5. To establish and raise funds for a scholarship specifically designated for Black student midwives.
6. To provide member benefits, for example: negotiating group discounts, providing mentorship program, access to legal advice and representation.